- Same Day Appointments - appointments to see a doctor can be made by using AskMyGP if you have internet access or telephoning the surgery after 8am. Your request will be triaged in the first instance either by an Advanced Practitioner or our Duty Doctor.
- Pre-Booked Appointments - if a same day appointment with a doctor is not convenient we do not routinely offer pre-booked appointments. The easiest option is to send us an AskMyGP request on the day you are able to come in. If you do not have internet access and are unable to use AskMyGP, please telephone the surgery on the day you need to be seen and the receptionist will put the request through on your behalf.
- Telephone Appointments - if you are unable to attend the surgery in person due to work, disability, or other constraints, a telephone consultation can be booked by using AskMyGP as above or again if you do not have internet access by telephoning the surgery after 8am and a receptionist will put the request through on your behalf.
- Nurse Appointments (Treatment Room & Phlebotomy) - all appointments with the nurses are pre-bookable.
- Online Appointment Booking - please contact the surgery to apply for on-line services. If you already have access please click on this link Patient access.
- Improved Access - we are working together with other local practices to offer more appointments in the early mornings, evenings or at weekends. Please ask at the time of making your appointment as the times and locations of these appointments will change.
When booking an appointment with the doctor or nurse, you will be asked if you would mind telling us briefly what the problem is. This will help the receptionist a) ensure you are seen urgently if it is deemed necessary - e.g. if you have chest pain, or b) seen by the correct team member if requesting a nurse appointment - e.g. specific things such as coil fits are not performed by all members of the clinical staff. Please rest assured all staff are governed by the same rules with regards to confidentiality, as are the clinicians - this is merely to ensure we provide you with the best possible appointment.
Some of our doctors have other commitments and may not always be available but we will always offer you an appointment with another doctor. When appropriate you may also be offered an appointment with one of our very experienced Advanced Practitioners.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. We have an option on the telephone system to Press 1 and leave a voice mail message to cancel your appointment. Please follow the instructions as we will be unable to action any other message apart from cancelling appointments. This option is available 24/7 and will be picked up Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 and 18:30. If you have a mobile number on your records, you will receive a text reminder with an option of texting CANCEL to a mobile number which will automatically cancel your appointment. If you have registered for our Online Patient Access service, you can log on to your account and cancel appointments as well. You can also use the AskMyGP service to request to cancel an appointment.
Emergencies During Surgery Hours
If you need urgent medical care, please tell the receptionist that it is an urgent problem - you will always be seen the same day. DO NOT USE ASKMYGP IF YOU THINK YOUR MEDICAL NEED IS URGENT.
There is a minor injuries unit at Clevedon Hospital where the following can be treated:
- Wounds and grazes
- Cuts needing stitches
- Trips and falls
- Broken bones (there is an x-ray facility on-site)
- Minor injuries resulting from minor road traffic accidents
- Minor injuries arising from domestic violence
- Minor burns
- Sports injuries
- Sprains, bruises and abrasions
- Head injuries (no loss of consciousness)
- Simple eye trauma e.g. foreign bodies
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Minor injuries in children over three years of age