Full time/Part time GPs Required
Exciting opportunity to join a well established PMS practice with two sites and a combined population of approximately 15,500 patients. The sites are located less than ½ a mile from each other in the pleasant village of Worle on the outskirts of Weston-super-Mare. The practices are situated just over 1 mile from junction 21 on the M5 making this an easily commutable distance from Bristol (30 minutes from Clifton Suspension Bridge on M5, 30 minutes from Ashton Gate Stadium on the A370). We serve a population with a good mix of age groups who come from a variety of economic backgrounds.
We are a member of the Pier Health Group, a super-partnership spanning Weston, Worle and Villages with a total population of circa 90,000 patients. This allows us to share knowledge and expertise across all local practices and gives us the opportunity to work together to develop portfolio careers and special interests.
In March 2019 we launched AskMyGP online service along with other local practices, to our patients. This new service has enabled us to fully utilise our highly skilled multi-disciplinary team and allowed us to maximise care navigation depending on patient need. AskMyGP allows our clinical staff more opportunity to manage their own working day by deciding on a case by case basis if patients need a telephone call, email message or face to face appointment. Newly qualified GPs would be given the opportunity to get to know the team and our patients for a suitable period before being trained on the use of AskMyGP.
There is a multi-disciplinary clinical workforce including 3 partners (2 clinical, 1 management), 4 salaried doctors, 3 nurse practitioners, 1 paramedic practitioner, 1 clinical pharmacist, 6 practice nurses and 3 health care assistants, who are supported by committed reception and administrative teams. We are a training practice and there is a regular flow of GP trainees and medical students.
We are a friendly and forward-thinking team, hoping to attract dynamic and innovative GPs. We would welcome creativity, allowing us to meet the increasing demands on general practice. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide excellent patient care whilst maintaining an attractive work-life balance. Our salaried GPs are an essential part of decision making within the practice and are encouraged to participate with suggestions for system improvements.
- Flexible sessions (4-8 sessions) and days negotiable
- Practice opening times Monday to Friday 7.30am to 18.30pm with flexible evening and weekend sessions
- EMIS Web
- Good premises with parking
- Outside work interests encouraged
- Favourable contract in line with BMA model contract for GMS Practices
- Medical indemnity paid by practice – this is over and above the standard NHS cover
- Locally organised GP teaching for ½ day each month (PLANET - protected learning time), regular practice meetings and doctors meetings
- Seaside and countryside close by
- Great schools and amenities
- Support for opportunities to develop special interests including becoming a GP trainer
- Additional responsibilities will be negotiated depending on individual interests
- Possibility of partnership
Informal enquiries and visits welcomed. If you would prefer to experience working with the practice as a locum in the first instance please let us know.
For further information please contact our Manager Partner, Livi Tratt at The Cedars Surgery address, 87 New Bristol Road, Worle, Weston-super-Mare BS22 6AJ, or alternatively please email email@example.com